PRS, Inc. is one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US for the 7th consecutive year and recognized by the Washington Post as one of the Top Places to Work. We are a community-based nonprofit organization established in 1963, with programs throughout Northern Virginia and DC. We provide psych-rehabilitation services that help adults and youth living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and people in crisis achieve personal Wellness, Recovery, Community Integration and Safety. PRS offers a culture where employees enjoy coming to work, are accountable and can excel in the services they provide.
We are soliciting applications for Part-Time (20 hours/week) Substance Abuse Peer Specialist located in Leesburg, VA.
• Provides outreach and support to clients who are 18+ years old diagnosed with substance abuse or co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders;
• Facilitates and/or co-facilitate recovery oriented groups to include WRAP;
• Provides information on the recovery process, relating as appropriate, personal recovery experience;
• Assist clients in developing job training skills and in exploring job placement options;
• Maintain documentation of each peer contact in accordance with HIPAA, program requirements and other mandatory regulations;
• Advocate to improve access to integrated, safe affordable housing; and
• Will promote opportunities to enhance the ability of clients to self-advocate for services needed and/or chosen and move into recovery.
• High school diploma or GED; some college a plus. Certified Peer Support Specialist is required.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record. Must have a vehicle or access to a vehicle;
• Must be a peer who utilized mental health or substance use services in the past or present;
• Strong communication skills with ability to build rapport quickly with clients, families and internal/external providers; and
• Must be a self-starter who possesses strong interpersonal skills including the ability to be persistent, yet supportive.
If you are passionate about making a difference, this is the job for you!
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org